We are thrilled to announce our WHIM Winter Intensive ’23, Saturday, December 16, 2023 – Wednesday, December 20, 2023, in Seattle WA designed for pre-professional and professional dancers.
Spend five days immersed in technique, improvisation, repertory, and partnering. We are thrilled to have Bret Easterling joining us for this program. A former dancer with Batsheva Dance Company, Bret is now the Artistic Director of BEMOVING and will be creating a work for Whim W’Him’s January program.
Don’t miss this opportunity to move with an incredible roster of dancers and dance makers!
Designed for pre-professional and professional dancers, participating artists will gain tools to serve and develop their creative practice and development as individual artists.
Whim W’Him believes strongly in the power of individuality in artistry and offers this program as a platform for dancers to build further confidence in their own artistry.
- We aim to create a safe and inclusive environment and work to actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. We highly encourage people of color, individuals with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented groups in our community to apply.
- Fill out the application form by 4:59PM PST Monday, September 25th, 2023 to be considered for the program.
Applicants will receive notification by Friday, September 29th, 2023 regarding their acceptance. (Please check SPAM folder for communications from Whim W’Him).
- Deposits are due Friday, October 6th, 2023 ($200 non-refundable)
Saturday, December 16, 2023 through Wednesday, December 20, 2023
10AM to 5PM
Whim W’Him Center for Contemporary Dance, 1716 2nd Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109
Daily Schedule will be sent to accepted applicants at the program start.
$800 – payable via PayPal (Links will be sent to accepted applicants).
- Housing is not provided but applicants will be given information for finding housing upon acceptance.
- There is one housing scholarship available for provided housing in a studio apartment.
- Limited scholarships are available for artists in need of financial support. We also offer scholarship funds for BIPOC dancers.
- Please fill out our Financial Aid Application Form here to be considered for financial aid.
- A $200 non-refundable deposit will be due by Friday, October 6th, 2023 to reserve your spot. Remaining tuition will be due Friday November 17th, 2023.
If you have any questions, please email Company Manager Karl Watson at email@example.com.