Applications are closed and will re-open spring ’24. Below is sample information that will be needed to apply.
Whim W’Him dancers, under the artistic direction of Olivier Wevers, seek choreographers to create new dance works for the company’s “Choreographic Shindig”. Selected choreographers will be invited to Seattle to create an original dance with the Whim W’Him professional dancers. Choreographers share 2-3 week residencies, which culminate in 8 public performances of a professional split-bill in Seattle.
- We are committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. We highly encourage people of color, individuals with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented groups in our community to apply. Whim W’Him will prioritize BIPOC choreographers in the selection process and encourages BIPOC choreographers to apply.
- The Whim W’Him dancers will be curating the program, being fully involved in the selection process.
- Fill out the Google form and upload the necessary files no later than TBD (no fees to apply)
- You will hear back about your application by TBD
Applications must be received by TBD.
Any questions? Email: email@example.com
- Choreographer fee of $4,500; travel and housing will be provided
- 60 hours of rehearsal space with the Whim W’Him dancers
- Professional Lighting Design and Production Stage Management support provided
- Budget stipend for costumes, music and other technical needs will be discussed with Artistic Director
- Residency weeks during June, July and/or August
- All materials must be submitted via this Google Form only
- Resume/CV (PDF only)
- 3 Video links of recent choreographic works (can be of rehearsals, no passwords please)
- Artistic Statement/Brief proposal – Video preferred (max 3 min) or written (PDF only)
- Choreographers must be at least 18 years old and able to work legally in the USA
Adam Barruch, Banning Bouldin, Rena Butler, Jonathan Campbell, Mark Caserta, Ethan Colangelo, Austin Diaz, Brendan Duggan, Lauren Edson, Hannah Garner, Kyra Jean Green, Joseph Hernandez, Dava Huesca, Keerati Jinakunwiphat, Maurya Kerr, Alice Klock, Ana Maria Lucaciu, Joshua Manculich, Madison Olandt, Joshua L. Peugh, Ihsan Rustem, Bruno Roque, Omar Roman de Jesús, Yoshito Sakuraba, Dolly Sfeir, Mike Tyus, Nicole von Arx.
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY
This position requires an on-site presence in studios and theaters in Seattle and the surrounding areas. All individuals must: (1) be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks following receiving a bivalent booster dose following both doses of a two-dose vaccine or a single dose of a one-dose vaccine) with a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO, and (2) provide Whim W’Him with such proof of vaccination in order for Whim W’Him to execute an employment contract.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Whim W’Him is an award-winning Seattle-based professional contemporary dance company founded in 2009 by Olivier Wevers, former Pacific Northwest Ballet principal dancer and choreographer, that showcases innovative dance in collaboration with global artists.