There are a number of actions Whim W’Him is taking to help lower the risk of COVID-19 exposure and reduce the spread during rehearsals. The more people a person interacts with, the closer the physical interaction, the more sharing of equipment there is by multiple individuals, and the longer that interaction, the higher the risk of COVID-19 spread. Therefore, risk of COVID-19 spread can be different, depending on the type of activity. The way dancers and staff rehearse, and the way equipment is shared can influence the spread of COVID-19. The goal of this document is to minimize risk wherever possible and create procedures for monitoring and responding to potential cases of COVID-19.
Assessing the risk of spread, please consider:
- Physical closeness of dancers, and the length of time that dancers are close to each other or to staff.
- Amount of necessary touching of shared equipment and gear (e.g. mats or water bottles).
- Ability to engage in social distancing while not actively engaged in dancing (e.g. during breaks, while others are rehearsing).
- Dancers and staff at higher risk of developing serious disease.
- Size of the group rehearsing together.
- Nonessential visitors, spectators, and/or volunteers will not be allowed unless tested.
- Traveling outside of our local community.