Whim W’Him auditions for the 2020-2021 season will be held in Seattle on Sunday, March 1, 2020 from Noon – 4pm at the Cornish College Kerry Hall (710 E Roy St), and in New York City on Saturday, March 7, 2020 from 2pm – 6pm at Gibney – Union Square (890 Broadway). In addition to the New York audition we are hosting two workshops on Thursday, March 5 and Friday, March 6, 2020. Head to the workshop page at whimwhim.org/workshops
We aim to create an inclusive work environment and work to actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. We highly encourage people of color, individuals with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented groups in our community to apply.
- Contemporary dance background
- Strong classical training
- Partnering skills encouraged
- Committed to the creative process
- Works well and respectfully with others
- Dancers must be at least 18 years old and able to work legally in the USA
START AND END DATES
- Minimum of 30 weeks contract in Seattle, WA (June 2020 – June 2021)
- Name, address, phone number, email, date of birth
- At least 3 video links of studio and/or performance footage (no password please)
Advance material must be received by January 31, 2020 for Seattle and by February 5, 2020 for New York auditions
Limited space available – selected participants will receive a confirmation by email with instructions to pay the fee ($20) online in advance of the audition
- $20 registration fee must be paid online in advance by selected dancers. Payments must be made by February 23, 2020 for Seattle auditions and by February 29, 2020 for New York auditions.
PREPARING FOR THE AUDITION
- Bring a printed copy of your resume and headshot
- Socks are the required footwear
- Arrive warmed up. No warm-up will be offered before the audition
- The main entrance for Gibney – Union Square (890 Broadway) is an accessible entrance and available during all building hours: 7:30 am – 7:30 pm Monday – Friday, and 9:00 am – 6:30 pm on Saturdays.