Whim W’Him’s future auditions will occur in New York City and in Seattle in the Spring and will be announced a few months prior on this website and our social media channels. Below is sample information that will be needed to apply. Only applicants selected to audition will be invited.
- We aim to create an inclusive work environment and work to actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences.
- We highly encourage people of color, individuals with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented groups in our community to apply.
- Olivier Wevers, Artistic Director, will select dancers to audition in person.
- The audition will be led by Karl Watson, Company Manager.
- Final candidates will be asked to partner. Please note on the form if you are comfortable with partnering work.
- Contemporary dance background
- Basic classical training
- Partnering skills
- Committed to the creative process – all new creations requires engagement and creative participation
- Works well and respectfully with others
- Dancers must be at least 18 years old and able to work legally in the USA
START AND END DATES + DETAILS
- Minimum of 30 weeks contract in Seattle, WA
- Workweek: Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm & 1:30pm – 3:30pm (Workdays falling on weekends during performance weeks)
- $900.00 per week
- Physical and Mental Health Stipend reimbursement of $2,000 (for the season)
- Free massages (3 hours/month)
- Covered by the WA State Department of Labor and Industry
REGISTER VIA GOOGLE FORM ONLY
- Name, address, phone number, email, date of birth (must be at least 18 years old)
- Resumé and a picture
- 1 video of Studio or Performance Footage #1 (no passwords or text please, link only)
- 1 video of Studio improvisation Footage #2 (no passwords or text please, link only)
- 1 video of Studio or Performance including partnering Footage #3 (no passwords or text please, link only)
- Personal Video Introduction – Tell us about yourself (max 2 min)
- Proof of Vaccination
* This position requires an on-site presence in studios and theaters in Seattle and the surrounding areas. For our auditions, all individuals must be fully vaccinated to attend our auditions. This policy requires that all individuals entering our auditions in New York and Seattle, including employees, must: (1) be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after receiving a bivalent booster following both doses of a two-dose vaccine or a single dose of a one-dose vaccine) with a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO, and (2) provide Whim W’Him with such proof of vaccination in order for Whim W’Him to execute an employment contract.
A FEW FRIENDLY REMINDERS AND REQUESTS
Please ensure your links are correct and will remain available through the audition dates.
Please do not send links to your social media accounts in the video section.
Please do not send videos requiring passwords.
All dancers in attendance must be fully vaccinated and provide proof.
If you have any questions, please email Karl Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER for communications from Whim W’Him. Thank you!