Whim W’Him is seeking experienced dancers for a minimum of 30 weeks contract in Seattle, WA, starting on June 6, 2022.
→ One available position starts March 14, 2022 (for an extra 10 weeks) and continue to June 2023.
- We aim to create an inclusive work environment and work to actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. We highly encourage people of color, individuals with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented groups in our community to apply.
- Fill out the Google form and upload necessary files no later than January 9, 2022 (no fees to apply or audition)
Applicants for the Seattle audition will be notified of selection on January 17, 2022.
Applicants for the NYC audition will be notified of selection on January 24, 2022.
- Olivier Wevers, Artistic Director, will select dancers to audition in person.
- Participation in the audition will require proof of full vaccination and masks.
- Auditions will be led by Karl Watson, Artistic and Administrative Associate.
- Final candidates will be asked to partner. Please note on the form if you are comfortable with partnering work.
Sunday 2/6/2022 1pm-6pm All candidates – NOD Theater, 1621 12th Ave Seattle, WA 98122
Sunday 2/6/2022 6pm-7pm Interviews for final candidates Location TBD
Friday 2/11/2022 4pm-6pm Group 1 – Gibney 280 Broadway New York, NY 10007
Friday 2/11/2022 6pm-8pm Group 2 – Gibney 280 Broadway New York, NY 10007
Saturday 2/12/2022 2:30pm-6:30pm Callbacks for selected candidates – Gibney 890 Broadway 5th Floor New York, NY 10003
Sunday 2/13/2022 10am-12pm Interviews for final candidates Location TBD
→ Dancers must be available for callbacks on Saturday 2/12/2022 and interviews on Sunday 2/13/2022
- Contemporary dance background
- Basic classical training
- Partnering skills highly encouraged
- Committed to the creative process – all new creations requires engagement and creative participation
- Works well and respectfully with others
- Dancers must be at least 18 years old and able to work legally in the USA
START AND END DATES + DETAILS
Contracts begin June 6, 2022.
→ One available position will begin March 14, 2022 for 10 weeks and continue to June 2023 with a minimum of 30 more weeks.
- Minimum of 20 weeks contract in Seattle, WA (Sept 2021 – June 2022)
- Workweek: Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm & 1:30pm – 3:30pm (Workdays falling on weekends during performance weeks)
- $761.00 per week
- Health Stipend reimbursement of $2,000 (for the season)
- Free massages (3 hours/month)
- Covered by the WA State Department of Labor and Industry
- Name, address, phone number, email, date of birth (must be at least 18 years old)
- Resume and a picture
- 1 video of Studio or Performance Footage #1 (no passwords or text please, link only)
- 1 video of Studio improvisation Footage #2 (no passwords or text please, link only)
- 1 video of Studio or Performance including partnering Footage #3 (no passwords or text please, link only)
- Personal Video Introduction – Tell us about yourself (max 2 min)
- Proof of Vaccination
- Advance material must be received by January 9, 2022
* This position requires an on-site presence in studios and theaters in Seattle and the surrounding areas. For our auditions, all individuals must be fully vaccinated to enter Gibney Center, as detailed in Gibney’s Vaccination Policy, and to attend our Seattle audition. This policy requires that all individuals entering Gibney Center or the Seattle audition, including employees, must: (1) be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks following receiving both doses of a two-dose vaccine or a single dose of a one-dose vaccine) with a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO, and (2) provide Whim W’Him with such proof of vaccination in order for Whim W’Him to execute an employment contract.