Whim W’Him contemporary dance workshops will be held in New York City on Thursday, March 5, 2020 from 6pm – 8pm (W1), and on Friday, March 6, 2020 from 4pm – 6pm (W2) at Gibney – Union Square (890 Broadway). These workshops are held before our audition on Saturday, March 7, 2020. Learn more about the audition at whimwhim.org/auditions
We aim to create an inclusive work environment and work to actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. We highly encourage people of color, individuals with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented groups in our community to apply.
Invited dancers will explore original repertoire and receive a hands on collaborative approach to movement creation from Olivier Wevers, Whim W’Him Founder and Artistic Director. Dancers will also practice collaborative improvisation and partnering.
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to immerse yourself in a welcoming and non-competitive creative environment, similar to company life, that will culminate in phrases sourced from current Whim W’Him repertoire as well as newly created material.
- Name, address, phone number, email, date of birth
- Video links of studio or performance footage (no password please)
Advance material must be received by February 5, 2020
Limited space available – selected participants will receive a confirmation by email with instructions to pay the fee ($40) online in advance of the workshop
- $40 registration fee must be paid by February 29, 2020 for the invited dancers
PREPARING FOR THE WORKSHOP
- Socks are the required footwear
- The main entrance for Gibney – Union Square (890 Broadway) is an accessible entrance and available during all building hours: 7:30 am – 7:30 pm Monday – Friday, and 9:00 am – 6:30 pm on Saturdays.