SUMMER INTENSIVE ’23
We are thrilled to announce our WHIM Summer Intensive ’23, Tuesday June 20, 2023 – Friday June 30, 2023, in Seattle WA designed for pre-professional and professional dancers.
We will select two groups of only 14 dancers each, creating an intimate, safe environment to nurture growth. All participants will experience one-on-one work with the artists of Whim.
Whim W’Him’s mission, to nurture community with contemporary dance by cultivating space for artists to imagine and explore the human condition, will be the driving philosophy behind WHIM Summer Intensive ’23.
Through technique, partnering, repertoire, and improvisation, participants will explore unique contemporary dance alongside Whim W’Him artists.
Whim dancers and Artistic Director Olivier Wevers will also share techniques, approaches, and perspectives which drive the company’s work.
Week 1 will focus on repertoire and Week 2 will focus heavily on partnering work.
Participants will also take part in professional development workshops, including direct feedback on their resumes and reels.
Through the diverse offerings of this course, participating artists will gain tools to serve and develop their creative practice and career development as individual artists.
- We aim to create an inclusive environment and work to actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. We highly encourage people of color, individuals with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented groups in our community to apply.
- Fill out the application form by 8:59PM PST on February 26th to be considered for the program.
All applicants will be notified by March 13th regarding their acceptance (Please check SPAM folder for communications from Whim W’Him).
- All dancers must be fully (2 weeks after the bivalent booster shot) vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 by the start of the program.
Tuesday June 20, 2023 – Friday June 30, 2023, 10 am to 4 pm (Sunday June 25 will be a day off)
*Participants must attend the entire 2 weeks*
Kerry Hall, Cornish College of the Arts, 710 E Roy St, Seattle, WA 98102
Daily Schedule will be sent to accepted applicants at the program start.
$1,400 – payable via PayPal (Links will be sent to accepted applicants).
- Housing is not provided (aside from 2 available housing scholarships) but applicants will be given information for finding housing upon acceptance.
- 2 housing scholarships will provide housing in separate studio apartments within walking distance to the studios.
- Limited scholarships are available for artists in need of financial support. We also offer scholarship funds for BIPOC dancers. There will be tuition assistance as well as 2 provided housing scholarships for applicants based upon financial need and merit.
- Please fill out our Financial Aid Application Form here to be considered for financial aid.
If you have any questions, please email Company Manager Karl Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by 8:59PM PST on February 26th