We are thrilled to announce our very first summer intensive, June 20 – 24, 2022, in Seattle WA designed for pre-professional and professional dancers.
Whim W’Him’s mission, to nurture community with contemporary dance by cultivating space for artists to imagine and explore the human condition, will be the driving philosophy behind WHIM Intensive 22.
Through technique, partnering, repertoire, and improvisation, participants will explore unique contemporary dance alongside Whim W’Him artists.
Whim dancers and Artistic Director Olivier Wevers
will also share techniques, approaches, and perspectives which drive the company’s work.
Through the diverse offerings of this course, participating artists will gain tools to serve and develop their creative practice and development as individual artists.
Whim W’Him believes strongly in the power of individuality in artistry and offers this program as a platform for dancers to build further confidence in their own artistry.
- We aim to create an inclusive environment and work to actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. We highly encourage people of color, individuals with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented groups in our community to apply.
- Fill out the application form by March 31st to be considered for the program.
All applicants will be notified by April 25th regarding their acceptance.
- All dancers must be fully (2 weeks after last shot) vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 by the start of the program.
Monday June 20, 2022 – Friday June 24, 2022, 12pm to 6pm
Yaw Theater 6250 5th Ave S Seattle, WA 98108
Daily Schedule will be sent to accepted applicants at the program start.
$600 – payable via PayPal (Links will be sent to accepted applicants).
- Housing is not provided but applicants will be given information for finding housing upon acceptance.
- Limited scholarships are available for artists in need of financial support. We also offer scholarship funds for BIPOC dancers.
- Please fill out our Scholarship Form here to be considered for financial aid.
If you have any questions, please email Artistic and Administrative Associate Karl Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.