Whim W’Him seeks Part Time Grants Manager to join our team
Applications must be received by January 21, 2022.
Whim W’Him nurtures community with contemporary dance by cultivating space for artists to imagine and explore the human condition. Founded in 2009, Whim W’Him is an award-winning Seattle-based contemporary dance company that showcases innovative dance in collaboration with global artists.
Due to continued growth and expansion, Whim W’Him (WW) is currently searching for an experienced (2+ years of grant writing) and self-motivated individual to join our team as a part-time grants manager. The Grants Manager will support WW’s staff to grow foundation and government giving.
Reports to: Company Manager
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with staff to create compelling grant proposals and funding requests, taking lead on our larger grant opportunities
- Write and assemble most or all sections of each grant proposal, with key input from program directors and other staff
- Coordinate with relevant staff in order to solicit timely and appropriate input/review of grant proposals prior to submission deadlines
- Review guidelines for all foundation proposals and reports to make sure all submissions are accurately formatted and include all required information, including budgets and materials
- Manage the grant proposal calendar. Maintain current pipeline to reflect all grant activity
- Work with the Artistic Director and Company Manager to track donor reporting needs, deadlines, and action items
- Complete impact reports to our major foundation and corporate donors by working with the Artistic Director and Company Manager to collect data, youth impact stories as well as any financial reporting requirements
- Work with the Artistic Director and Company Manager to manage donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategy for grants. Track current grant cycles and renewal processes and ensure stewardship to guarantee continued funding
- Conduct targeted research to identify new institutional funders
- Help grow the existing portfolio of funders to ensure that WW maintains a diverse portfolio of support for its diverse programs
- Create monthly reports for the Company Manager, outlining progress and upcoming deadlines, to give to the Board of Directors at monthly meetings
- 2+ years in a nonprofit environment with 2+ years in grant writer role, preferably in the nonprofit arts sector
- Experience in developing proposals for $25k+ commitments from private, corporate, or public foundations
- Knowledge of development best practices in grant writing and foundations with substantial experience writing grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and reports
- Proven record of developing and sustaining productive relationships with foundation staff
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency using fundraising databases, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Little Green Light and online research tools
- Understanding of nonprofit financial practices and development of proposal budgets
- Self-motivated, ability to manage multiple priorities with excellent attention to detail and deadlines, and ability to perform successfully without close supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary dance encouraged
- Flexible team player able to work with staff
- Interest and commitment to WW’s mission, vision and values
- This is a part-time FLSA exempt position
- Hourly range for this position is $30-40/hour based on experience
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, 5-10 hours a week
- Location: Fully Remote
- Benefits: Flexible weekday schedule. Employees have access to complimentary tickets to WW live programming and free access to our IN-with-WHIM streaming platform
Whim W’Him works to create an environment with the following values as our guide: to put people first always; to actively seek out and embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences; to trust our artists to thrive and take ownership of their place within Whim W’Him; to share space with honesty and transparency; to be curious and embrace risk; to represent, uplift and invest in community and to nurture an organizational culture that embraces adaptability.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk and physically assist patrons when needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
- Attach your resume in PDF format detailing all relevant professional experience to the role
- A cover letter in PDF format stating why you’re interested in WW and your experience to be successful in the role
- A writing sample in PDF format from a grant or proposal that is less than 5 pages
WW provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
To apply for this position, please email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Melody O’Neill, Company Manager, at email@example.com