Whim W’Him dancers, under the artistic direction of Olivier Wevers, seek choreographers to create new dance works for the company’s 8th “Choreographic Shindig” in 2022. Selected choreographers will be invited to Seattle to create original dances with the Whim W’Him dancers. Choreographers share 2-3 week residencies, which culminate in public performances of a split-bill in Seattle, September 2022.
- We aim to create an inclusive work environment and work to actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. We highly encourage people of color, individuals with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented groups in our community to apply. Whim W’Him will prioritize BIPOC choreographers in the selection process and encourages BIPOC choreographers to apply.
- Fill out the Google form and upload necessary files no later than July 15, 2021 (no fees to apply)
The Whim W’Him dancers will be curating the program, being fully involved in the selection process.
You will hear back by SEPTEMBER 1, 2021.
Applications must be received by JULY 15, 2021
- Choreographers will receive a $3,500 stipend; travel and housing will also be provided
- Selected choreographers will have 60 hours of rehearsal space with the Whim W’Him dancers
- Lighting Design and Production Stage Management provided
- Budget for costumes, music and other technical needs is limited and shall be discussed with Artistic Director
- Residency weeks during June, July and/or August 2022
Any questions? Email: email@example.com
- All materials must be submitted in this Google Form only
- Video links of recent choreographic works (minimum 3 – can be of rehearsals)
- Artistic Statement/Brief proposal – Video (max 3 min) or written (PDF only)
- Choreographers must be at least 18 years old and able to work legally in the USA
Adam Barruch, Banning Bouldin, Rena Butler, Mark Caserta, Ethan Colangelo, Austin Diaz, Brendan Duggan, Jonathan Campbell, Mark Caserta, Lauren Edson, Kyra Jean Green, Joseph Hernandez, Maurya Kerr, Alice Klock, Joshua Manculich, Madison Olandt, Joshua L. Peugh, Ihsan Rustem, Bruno Roque, Omar Roman de Jesús, Yoshito Sakuraba, Mike Tyus
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Whim W’Him is an award-winning Seattle-based contemporary dance company founded in 2009 by Olivier Wevers, former Pacific Northwest Ballet principal dancer and choreographer, that showcases innovative dance in collaboration with global artists.